Sunday, June 2, 2013

No puedo dormir

Well, seeing as I can't sleep I suppose i'll write a blog. Today was a great day! I woke up just before noon as I was exhausted from the night before. After eating breakfast my roommates and I met up with some of the friends we have made already. We walked around for a bit until we found a quaint tapas y vino restaurant (Vino = vine and tapas = a tradition Spanish dish with small portions but lots of variety). We ordered sangria and a small portion of tapas came with it. The sangria was delicious of course and the tapas were yummy as well. It was my first time buying alcohol legally and I was pretty enthused about the experience. 

After that we each went out separate ways to eat lunch with our families. My host mom made a delicious lentil and rice soup, and salad to go with it. I wish I had a picture to show you because it looked as good as it tastes. We then had our afternoon siesta and rather than sleeping I snuck onto the terrace to read for a bit. 

We then met up once again with the other girls and went to walk around by the shops. We found ourselves lost in a maze of shops in back alleys. Most of the items being sold looked as if they belonged in a beautiful Moroccan home. I wish I could buy the lot to redecorate my house in winona. 

After looking at over a dozen stores a few of us found a side street that was known for its tea houses. We selected the restaurant that looked the most appealing. When we walked in the door it looked as if we had walked into a bohemian dream or a house that had been decorated with all Moroccan themed decor. I had my first cup of tea since being in spain and it was delicious, of course. It was named after a Spanish king (I don't remember which one exactly).  I also think the caffein may be a reason for my insomnia right now.

After an hour of good tea and conversation, my roommates and I headed back to our house. We ate dinner and hung around with our host mom the rest of the night.

Well...hopefully after writing and revising
this some of my energy will be used up and I will be able to sleep.

Danielle 

The tea


One of the back alley streets 

Sangria! 

No comments:

Post a Comment